If you’ve looked at my other articles on recommended testosterone boosting supplements, you should be aware that I don’t really rate most of the specific testosterone boosting supplements (think of ones named things like “Testo storm”, “T Fuel” etc.) available on the market as being that effective.
You can see more about this and why in this article on Testosterone Boosting Supplements – Do They Work
If you have’ve checked out that article you’ll notice that the majority of supplements I do recommend for testosterone boosting are vitamins, minerals, chemicals, amino acids’ & organic compounds. These may be things that you don’t get in your diet/ get enough of or your body doesn’t produce enough of. All of these are shown to help increase testosterone production. The main testosterone boosting supplements that I recommend are as follows:
- Vitamin D3 & K2
- Omega 3
- Vitamin C
- D-Aspartic Acid
- B Vitamins
I’ve covered all the above in the prior articles and you can check out these articles here: Testosterone Boosting Supplements
Now that we’ve covered the types of testosterone boosting supplements I recommend, lets crack on with the main subject of this article which is creatine.
What Is Creatine?
Creatine is a substance that found and occurs naturally in muscle cells. It helps your muscles produce energy during periods of high intensity exercise and heavy lifting. Chemically it isn’t dissimilar to amino acids’ and your body can produce creatine from the amino acids’ arginine and glycine.
There are multiple factors that influence the bodies’ creatine stores, these include existing muscle mass, frequency and the type of exercise you carry out, your meat intake and hormone levels. Approximately 95% of the bodies’ creatine is stored in muscles in the form of phosphocreatine with the other 5% being found in the brain, kidneys and liver.
The Benefits Of Creatine
Creatine is an extremely popular supplement with gym goers and athletes, the main benefits it is sold on are:
Another benefit that isn’t often promoted (but is the reason for this article), is that creatine helps to increase testosterone production. An increase in testosterone production will help increase the above but also comes with multiple other physical and mental benefits, if you aren’t familiar with the benefits that come with higher testosterone, I suggest you check out this article below:
According to a 2009 study by “Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine” creatine supplementation results in the higher conversions of testosterone to the more active version dihydrotestosterone or DHT; DHT concentration was increased by 56 percent in seven days. Essentially creatine supplementation increases the amount of available usable testosterone production.
Your main sources of creatine are red meat and fish, check out the ones that provide the highest amounts below:
One thing to note is that an average portion provides approximately 3 – 6 grams per day, which for increased athletic performance (which is where you ideally want to be) isn’t enough. I’ll be covering how much you need daily for improved athletic performance (and testosterone production) and why you ideally need to supplement.
How Much Do You Need
As mentioned above, it would be extremely difficult and near impossible to get enough creatine in your diet to see improved athletic performance & testosterone production.
Most advise that you go through a loading phase of creatine, this where you take approximately 20g per day. This is to reach creatine saturation, once you’ve gone through this initial loading phase, you then go in to the maintenance phase, advice differs slightly from expert to expert at this point; but most seem to recommend 2g – 4g per day.
Creatine Supplement Brands
I’ll soon be putting together an article, reviewing what I’ve found to be the best creatine supplements on the market. Please keep an eye out for that article, until that point you can check out the creatine supplement brands that I’ve used most recently and have found to be very effective, so check those out below:
Final Thoughts & Other Relevant Articles
I hope you have found this article on creatine useful and can see why I recommend it as a testosterone boosting supplement. If you want to check out the other testosterone boosting supplements that I recommend, you can do so here: testosterone boosting supplements – Remember, I’ll also be publishing full reviews of what I believe to be the best creatine supplements on the market and will be doing the same for my other testosterone boosting supplements, so keep an eye out for them.
If you have any questions or remarks with regards to this article, creatine, testosterone boosting supplements or testosterone production as a whole, I’d love to hear from you, please drop me a comment below and I’ll get back to you.